- is an independent British enterprise,
- interested in Eastern Europe,
- looking for popular stories that also speak about society, mentalities, the way people live.
- We produced, in 2011 – 2012, an extraordinary trio of novels from Romanian authors in English translation, plus an amazing non-fiction book.
- We are challenging preconceptions about Eastern Europe, its peoples and its cultures,
- championing new authors on the English-speaking book market,
- introducing original stories and themes appearing for the first time in English.
Profusion International Creative Consultancy is a group of professionals established in 2008, led by Dr Mike Phillips OBE and Ms Ramona Mitrica, working in collaboration to provide consultancy services in the field of culture and the media within various European countries.
Desiring to bring to Britain a never-before-seen glimpse of Romania, Profusion branched into book publishing, preparing the appearance of a series of Romanian crime novels with a difference: novels that certainly thrill, but also books which can show the audience the reality of a country which used to be behind the Iron Curtain but now emerges as a vibrant European partner after a bloody revolution and a long transition to a market-economy.
Dr Phillips is a novelist, historian, curator, and consultant to various cultural organisations across Europe. More here
Ramona Mitrica is a cultural manager with a successful record of organising events and tours, including the establishment of the internationally respected Romanian Film Festival in London.
Profusion activity starting from 2008 (selection):
- Producing “Romanian Connections” programme in Liverpool (“Radu Stanca” National Theatre of Sibiu tour to Liverpool and connected events), 2008;
- Producing documentary film “Legacy” – 30 Years Anniversary Ratiu Foundation, 2009;
- Organising the Culture Power series of talks and seminars – in collaboration with the Ratiu Foundation;
- Organising the Romanian Cultural Managers Trip to London (November 2010), together with Visiting Arts and the Ratiu Foundation;
- Editing, translation, proofreading work for the Romanian Cultural Centre;
- Translating and editing the English version of the ‘Baron George Lowendal’ catalogue published by the Lowendal Foundation, Bucharest, 2011;
- Producing and curating the Romanian Film Festival in London ( www.rofilmfest.com );
- Initiating and managing the publishing project Profusion Crime, 2011.
Profusion Crime Series
In 2011 Profusion initiated a publishing venture featuring a series of Romanian crime fiction, along with a shocking true crime story. These books are different. They are thrilling, and they also illuminate the reality of a secret Romania, once behind the Iron Curtain, now a vital European partner.
Behind the tumult of the new, lies a past of intrigue, terror and pitch black comedy. The Profusion Crime Series outlines the map and blazes a trail through this hidden history.
PROFUSION CRIME SERIES, Fiction/Non-Fiction 2011-2012, Series Editor: Mike Phillips
Attack in the Library by George Arion
Kill the General by Bogdan Hrib
Anatomical Clues by Oana Stoica-Mujea
Rîmaru - Butcher of Bucharest by Mike Phillips and Stejarel Olaru
Profusion International Creative Consultancy
Tel. +447787 134 047